Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default How can I repair the turntable floor in a microwave oven?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:03:44 +0100 Mm wrote :
I have a Sanyo domestic microwave oven approximately 8 years old that
still functions all right. The problem is that the floor of the oven
on which the glass turntable rotates on its spindle is rusted through
in one or two places. The turntable still rotates okay, but if the
floor is left to rust through further, sooner or later the little
carrier wheels that support the turntable will get trapped and the
turntable will lock up or something.

I had exactly the same thing happen on my LG. In the early days a bit
of foil causes some arcing which took the paint off under the turntable
and I failed to touch it up. Of course moisture collects there, so the
bare spot is repeatedly dosed with boiling water so rusts all the
quicker. It's a good reason to buy one with a SS interior, though they
tend to be more expensive.