Posted to rec.woodworking
Treelady Treelady is offline

Default Killing a tree???

On Jun 15, 2:02 am, Mark wrote:
ROY! wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:41:33 GMT, Mark wrote:

Greetings All,
I'm concerned that my neighbor may be trying to kill one of mytrees.
It sits about 2 feet from our common property line and he does nothing
but complain about it. I'm not sure of the species, but it's not an oak.
I've heard of some ways to kill a tree (copper nails in it, etc) but you
folks are the experts. What signs should I look out for from my
neferious neighbor? I really want to keep my tree. Thanks, Mark

Why do I think it is you, who with our help, is plotting to kill the
neighbor's tree??????

Probably cuz he doesn't have any, so there's nothing for me to kill.

Salt will kill a tree, if applied around the base. The removal of a
sizeable strip of cambium around the girth of the main stem(s) will
also kill a tree.