Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fuji HVLP Question

Lincoln, Coronado told me the same (no HVLP) with their
quick dry industrial metal coating.

I cut is 10% with VPM (super clean naptha) and shoot it with my HVLP
and it works like a dream, and the finish is great.

Find a compatible solvent, thin it a little, then if it doesn't come
out of the gun right, thin it a bit more.

I went down to Harbor Freight and bought a second cup for the gun, and
when I am testing finishes I mix in one and keep thinner in the other
to flush the gun between test batches.

Don't underestimate the Fuji's power, either. They claim to have the
highest delivery of air flow in the business, and having used a few
HVLPs, I believe it. You might want to crank up the pressure to the
gun a little more than you think you should and try that setting as
well as the thinning.

Robert