Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default 1,100 Hours - In One Piece?

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
Ah but engraving is certainly not traditional woodworking, it is more akin
to carving . As fast as he was I would imagine Grinling took even more
time than that. I think it might be more like Leuf said, doing anything
but actually working on said pieces . For what it is worth I did a
complete library from a wreaked room in less time than that, including
all doors computer station fully paneled walls trimmed out and cased
entrance [see web page] oh and all the drawings for approval.....mjh

http://mikehide2.tripod.com/id26.htm

Looks nice. If he really wanted to have a double door, it should have been
double width.