Posted to alt.home.repair
coustanis coustanis is offline

Default Circulation direction in radiator system

On Jun 14, 10:21 am, Pat wrote:
On Jun 13, 9:18 am, coustanis wrote:

In my boiler fed, household hot water radiator system, is there a way
I can determine the direction of circulation?
I need to cut, cap and isolate a room to find a leak.

Thanks.

Any reason you can't just turn down the thermostates until the system
goes cold (or at least cool), then turn up a thermostat so the system
comes on and feel which pipe gets hotter before the other.

It's rather low tech but that's the way it's been done for
generations.

I would have done that but once I located the proper pipes to the room
in question, it became obvious.
Plus, the valves all have arrows on them.