Posted to alt.home.repair

Default All the hoopla over incandecent bulbs...

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article , "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.net...
In article , "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

In this message, read all the text beginning at the top. You won't see
the
connection, but it is definitely there.

I'm sure you see a lot of things that aren't there...

Well, so far, you're the only one here who has not been able to follow the
conversation. Step away from the MD 20/20.

Kanter, somehow *you* turned a conversation about power plant mercury
emissions into a political rant about Dick Cheney. You really should wait
post until after you've sobered up. When you post in this condition, you
make
even less sense than you usually do.

Here's your "somehow", professor:

Heybub said this:
"In other words, if we've already made the decision that the Mercury
released
into the environment from coal-powered plants is acceptable to power our
incandescent bulbs, the amount of Mercury in CFLs is more than offset by the
reduced power generation."

I pointed out that the word "we", in his paragraph, was null and void, since
"we" decided nothing. Acceptable emissions levels were decided behind closed
doors by Cheney and a group of attendees whose identity he refused to
reveal. That's where YOU jumped in and made a tinfoil hat comment, which
suggests that Cheney did NOT consider the list of attendees to be a secret.

I taught you that indeed, the list WAS a secret and that the GAO had to hit
him over the head for information.

If a government official meets with some shady character to find out where
American hostages are being held, THAT is a good reason for secrets. But, it
is NOT appropriate to hide the identities of corporate slobs who are
manipulating regulations intended to protect the health of this country.