Joe

Default Fridge freezer - how to remove top front panel (Bosch KGV3120GB/04 UK model)

Can anyone tell me how to remove the top front panel from this fridge
freezer.

I am referring to the panel which contains the temperature and on/off
switches. It is approximately 60cm wide by 5cm high by 4cm deep and
runs across the top of the fridge freezer above the fridge door.

I need to replace the switch which operates the interior light. This
is housed inside the top front panel - and is operated by the movement
of the door. The panel must pull out or hinge out or something - but
I cannot see how. There are two screws visible when I open the door -
these screws are underneath and rise vertically into the top front
panel. After I have removed the screws, the panel is slightly loose
but does not seem to "want" to come out willingly. Two years ago, an
engineer replaced this same switch. He did it in about two minutes,
so it must be really easy - but I do not want to force the panel and
cause damage.

Grateful for advice on what I have to do - rotate, pull, or what. I
have searched in vain for other screws.

There is a diagram provided by parts supplier BSH Appliance Care
https://quickfinder.consultens.com/qf32s/img/838229999$1_3508241.tif

I am trying to replace switch 067747 (shown near the top). The front
panel is part number 35 7112 1 etc on the diagram.