Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Pete Wilcox Pete Wilcox is offline

Default choosing solder for original work and repair

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Tony Williams wrote:

Avionics, military, (and possibly medical), all have
exemptions afaik. Reliability reasons.

Well, then wouldn't the "good stuff" still be easy to get?

Oh, it still is. But only "while stocks last."

Or do you have to prove that you're a supplier to one of the exempt
industries to buy it? Just curious.

Could well be, but I don't know for sure. Creosote's an interesting
parallel, though. If you're trade, you can still get it from suppliers,
but Johnny Householder can't get the stuff from retail outlets any more
because Nanny says it's bad for you. Sorry, I swear I won't inflict
another rant on s.e.m. for at least another month!

Cheers,
Pete.