Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike in Arkansas Mike in Arkansas is offline

Default Killing a tree???

Broadleaf Week Killer. Enough granuals (as is weed and feed) around
the base of the tree will do the job. Or just spray the tree with
liquid broadleaf week killer. Ideally, in the fall just before the
leafs turn. You won't notice anything odd until the next spring when
your tree doesn't leaf out. I can attest this works wonderfully on
cotton wood trees and black locust. Don't ask me how I know about
this.

On Jun 13, 7:41 pm, Mark wrote:
Greetings All,
I'm concerned that my neighbor may be trying to kill one of my trees.
It sits about 2 feet from our common property line and he does nothing
but complain about it. I'm not sure of the species, but it's not an oak.
I've heard of some ways to kill a tree (copper nails in it, etc) but you
folks are the experts. What signs should I look out for from my
neferious neighbor? I really want to keep my tree. Thanks, Mark