Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default All the hoopla over incandecent bulbs...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

The Mercury in a CFL is a non-issue. Use of CFL actually releases
LESS Mercury into the environment than the extra generation
necessary to power incandescent bulbs.

In other words, if we've already made the decision that the Mercury
released into the environment from coal-powered plants is acceptable
to power our incandescent bulbs, the amount of Mercury in CFLs is
more than offset by the reduced power generation.

We can put all that "saved" Mercury into vaccines.

"We" have not decided that a certain level of mercury from power
plants is OK. That was decided in meetings with attendees whose
identity has been CLASSIFIED by Dick Cheney. They decided what
mercury levels they could afford to release or control.

I'm surprised you either didn't know this, or that you're pretending
it's acceptable.

It was the royal "We." I might have been in that meeting, but since the
attendance list is secret, I don't know.

Still, the emission levels for coal-fired smokestacks haven't changed under
the Bush administration, Cheney's meeting notwithstanding (at least to my
knowledge). So, evidently, the "decision" didn't get out.