Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.construction,misc.consumers.house,alt.architecture
Bgreer5050 Bgreer5050 is offline

Default Ice and Water Shield On Porch?

What size stock flashing would you recommend?

"marson" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 20, 11:34 am, "Bgreer5050" wrote:
Please take a look at the elevation below. Should the entire porch have
IWS? Should I flash the siding to roof with IWS? Thanks.

http://mropartner.com/frontelevation.htm

IMO, ice and water in this location is unnecessary. I would flash the
siding with coil stock/step flashings. Ice and water doesn't really
work because none of it can be exposed. If you expect extreme wind
driven rain, you might consider it as an insurance layer under your
flashing (lapped up under your building paper). I would use ice and
water on eaves in valleys in climates with snow, and under asphalt
shingles applied to a pitch less than 3/12.