Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default workbench?

beecrofter wrote in news:1181772352.049709.24330
@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

On Jun 13, 5:40 pm, Duck wrote:
At the risk of all the abuse I am about to receive... :-)

Has anyone seen one of these up close and in person? Of those that
have, any opinions?

It's light duty , more drawers than the Ace hardware one. Don't count
on the wood being any kind of "oak" you have seen before (Asian)
It would make a good bar.

One of the "lies" advertisers use is to tell you something's "oak" or
"maple" or whatever, when infact the "oak desk" is really "oak colored
desk" or "oak stained pine finger jointed desk." (Or how about "1/64
inch veneer that will come up if you look at it wrong oak?"

You have to look carefully when any discount or big box store says
something is a better quality wood. Somewhere on the box, it should tell
you what part is the better wood.

Puckdropper