Posted to rec.woodworking
lwhaley lwhaley is offline

Default Framing Nailer question

others for what it will use and I recommend full round head over clipped
head simply as being stronger -- heads and shank diameters are small
relative to regular common nails anyway, typically.

You are correct. I bought the round head nailer , though, and have
occasionally regretted it. The clipped head nails are less expensive
and more commonly available. My nailer has been reliable but I have
occasionally have problems which might be solved by the clipped
nails. I have been told that the clipped nails feed better with fewer
misfires.

They are strong enough, it seems, since everone I know but me has the
clipped head nailer. I have been told that the round head nails are
required in some places where they have hurricanes and the like. They
are not required in Minnesota. If I were buying again I would go for
the clipped head style.