Dave Plowman

Default Car air-conditioning smells

In article ,
John Laird wrote:
Set it once and press Auto. I've set my default to 19...

Doesn't it reset back to 22 degrees after the engine has been off for a
couple of hours?

Wouldn't this be like your central heating reverting to some factory
default whenever you went away for a bit ? (In other words, a bloody
stupid thing to do.) I have good old knobs for my climate control.

It would certainly be strange if it always re-set to the same figure,
unless you'd disconnected the battery.

Mine (BMW) remembers everything, but if you switch the entire system off
totally by running the fan down past minimum, it will come on at minimum
fan speed after the next switch on. Can't say this matters to me as I
never switch it off anyway.

--
*A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand times more memory.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn