Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Massive Natural Gas Explosion "Flips" a House

According to mm :

But definitely, they don't seem the same to me. I've definitely
smelled H2S

They're similar, but not identical.

Also, these days few people encounter "true" rotten egg smells, because
eggs are handled rather better than they used to be in the days before
refrigeration and public health inspections...

In fact, eggs will keep in the refrigerator for easily 3, probalby 6
months, probably longer some times, without problems. And even then
they usually don't rot in the fridge, but just dry out. So I must
have left them out of the fridge some time.

Eggs can be stored for _years_ at 4C and the proper humidity level.

I think the main stench is when the yolks are broken and have
a chance to, er, percolate for a while. More readily available sulphur.
--
Chris Lewis,