Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default All the hoopla over incandecent bulbs...

Yes, that is true.
You only have to look at large apartment buildings in NYC that have common
electric, vs. those that have individual meters for each apt.
At night, the common metered buildings look like the Empire State building
on July 4th, whilst the individually metered buildings look almost
abandoned.

But, the problem with your solution is that the people who can afford it
least will be hit hardest--as usual.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Noozer" wrote in message

"Noozer" wrote in message
I just had a thought...

Pushing everyone over to CFLs from incandecent bulbs is supposed to save
a lot of electricity, right?

Well, how much power does it take to cook a roast for a family of five in
your average electric oven? Bet we'd save a lot more money if we forced
everyone over to microwave/convection systems.

FYI... I wasn't literally meaning that we should switch cooking
technologies. I was just trying to make the point that lightbulbs aren't
the only thing we could be doing.

Personally, banning incandecents is dumb. As long as electricity is cheap,
folks will waste it. That's the real problem. People aren't paying enough
for it.