Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] helmsfamily@triad.rr.com is offline

Default Fixing my home driveway ditch drain? ~ Thanks for advice!!

A *hole* is opening up between two concrete pipes in my driveway under
the rock and dirt that goes over my ditch. The hole is about 3 inches
in diameter and I guess rain has disolved the dirt underneath the rock
just above the two pipes. I can see that the two pipes underground
were not joined together well and there is about an inch or so of
distance between the two pipes. Short of digging them up completely,
pushing the two pipes together and then putting dirt and gravel back
over the two pipes (which would take some time) what advice would you
give to fix the problem?

I though I *might* get a large stone paver and just dig down to the
pipes and place that over the top of the two pipes, fill back with
dirt leaving the pipes separate (they have been down there separated
for years anyway) and put the gravel back on top. What do you think?
Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!