Posted to alt.electronics
Wombat-Pipex-News Wombat-Pipex-News is offline

Default Circuit Problem - Take 2

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:43:59 +0100, "Wombat-Pipex-News"
wrote:

Hi guys.
I've included a link to a small Circuit which im having trouble with.
I made it thinking that I was dealing with a switched possative feed, but
it
turns out its actualy negative switched.
The Idea was to make the LED stay lit until the switched possative line
goes
high.
Trouble is with it being High all the time the LED stays off. The LED
sometimes does not even come on when theits switched.
Because the voltage on the other end does not drop enough.

What would be needed to go between the cuircuits to get the original
affect.?
http://www.wombatppc.dsl.pipex.com/image/problem.jpg
Fig 1. is how its supposed to work
Fig 2. is the problem

Any help welcome.

---
I'm somewhat confused by your description. Do you want the LED to
illuminate when the lamp is ON or when it's OFF?

--
JF

When it is off.
As the cars displays is made from LEDs its best to have them all lit at
once, then when something is Not lit is not working.
Just like if a bulb fails, its no longer lit !