Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

J. Clarke, wrote the following at or about 6/13/2007 1:54 PM:

Just heard from a local HS shop teacher - he's getting two of them. He
gets a kickback accident ever so often (more rarely, due to his
teaching
skills and the many eyes in the back of his head, I'm sure), but
he simply can not afford a possibility of an amputation accident.

In a high school shop I can imagine the "bad boy" touching the edge of
the blade, thereby triggering the Sawstop and using up a cartridge and a
blade just to disrupt the class.

Just need a bit of rewiring with a randomized timer AND a large sign
which reads:

"USE EXTREME CAUTION! This SawStop saw is equipped with an intermittent
safety device which has the safety feature fully enabled 90% of the
time. Do you feel lucky?"