Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Framing Nailer question

wrote:
I'm looking to purchase a Framing Nailer for a few jobs around the
house like: building a shed, a fence, dog house and would like some
clarification. I have seen 34, 28 and 21 degree nailers an was
wondering if there are any great advantage of getting one over the
others or is it just a matter of personal preference? I dont think
I'll be nailing in any tight spaces. Is there any cost of supplies
benefit in getting one degree over another?

Hardly a "woodworking" question, more appropriate for alt.home.repair or
similar, but...

IMO no real difference other than the minor difference in accessibility.
I'd look for one that seems to have a wide interchangeability w/
others for what it will use and I recommend full round head over clipped
head simply as being stronger -- heads and shank diameters are small
relative to regular common nails anyway, typically.

Also, look for the capability to drive nails as large as you thing you
may need -- some of the less expensive scrimp on the side of shorter.