Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default I've drilled the bath tap holes too far back!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Help! I could kick myself! I've drilled the tap holes in my new bath
too far back. Does anyone have any ideas how I could fill the holes
and start again?

Consider getting a piece of contrasting coloured opaque plastic/perspex to
cover the holes and to mount the taps on in the correct location. Edges can
be chamfered or profiled with a router at low speed/light cut to avoid
melting the plastic. Seal under the perspex with silicone.

For a different reason I have a set up like this at the end of my bath -
champagne bath - jet black plastic mount for a bar type shower mixer. looks
OK and passed SWMBO approval too.

HTH

Bob