Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Lead Flashing

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Vass" wrote in message
I'm considering attempting to build a pitched roof over my

existing
flat roof on the protruding
portion of my garage at the front of the house.
The one area that I have no idea about is the Lead flashing.
Is this a simple, angle grind out 1" or so of mortar, shove in

the
lead and point up?
or is there more to it?
Also, does anyone have any links to plans or walkthroughs for
building a small pitch roof?
TIA
--
Vass
'02 R1, '90 CBR1000F

Essentially yes, but the lead flashing should be retained with a
'mouse' of lead at regular intervals - say 9". The 'mouse' is a 1"
strip of lead bent double or treble to make the height of the

mortar
joint, and firmly squashed in with a bolster chisel & hammer so

that
it forms into a very tight lump jamming the flashing physically

into
the wall.

Although this won't stop the local pikeys nicking it - or at least

it didn't
on a local industrial estate.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Like I said before, dodgy place Gravesend !

AWEM