Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default OT - best broadband ?

On Jun 13, 12:02 am, chris French
wrote:
In message . com, Pete
C writes

On Jun 12, 1:40 pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
I know, a wide-open question.
Any opionions on the best broadband package at present ?
Suppliers to avoid ?
Simon.

Look up your exchange on 'samknows' and see what LLU ISPs there are
for your number, then check out feedback on them at 'thinkbroadband'.

For info on LLU look up 'LLU wiki'

I'm on UKOnline 1Mbit LLU, £9.99/mo unlimited, took longer than
expected to get connected but very good since.

But remember if you don't like the ISP, you can't (as yet anyway) as
easily and cheaply jump ship and migrate to another one.

True, but that's the nature of LLU. I'd rather have that than an ISP
that's expensive, crap, or starts off good and cheap but goes downhill
over time.

With LLU there aren't any problems with throttling/capping/
overcontended 'pipes' as it uses the ISP's own network instead of BT's

cheers,
Pete.