Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Permit for Suspended / Drop Ceiling?

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote

Why would NJ inspectors be in your house numerous times?
Private house or multiple dwelling?

New air conditioner, new furnace, new water heater ... the company
who does that stuff for me always files permits.

Personally, I think if you have work done by licensed professionals,
you shouldn't need an inspection, but hey, who doesn't love hanging
around all day for someone to look at a wire and walk off.

It is stated on the permit that the inspector will look for smoke and
CO detectors while they are there, but they never do.

Also, they aren't NJ inspectors, they are my town's inspectors.

I have had inspectors in my NJ house any number of times and
they never even blinked at any things I had done without permits.
I think the permit inspection thing is overstated. Just my experience
in my town.

nancy