Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scabbydug Scabbydug is offline

Default uPVC Door Lock

"Wolverine" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I had a problem with my front door this morning, in that when I put
the key in the lock and turned to unlock the door opened but I
couldn't get the key out. The key turned fine but looks as if it needs
to turn about another 3 degrees.

I can lock the door fine and get the key out but its on opening that
the problem occurs. I have tried on both sides of the door too and the
same thing happens.

One other detail. Yesterday when I arrived home from work the door was
locked and the keys were in the lock on the inside. I put my keys in
the lock on the outside and turned and noticed it felt a bit stiff to
turn. The door evenutally opened though and the key came out.

Could I have done something to offset the lock at this point?

A common problem, it's because you opened it from one side with a key still
inserted in the other. In effect the cam that throws the bolt is 180 degrees
out, try reversing what you did though I would suggest trying it with the
door open.