Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Lead Flashing

"Vass" wrote in message
I'm considering attempting to build a pitched roof over my existing

flat
roof on the protruding
portion of my garage at the front of the house.
The one area that I have no idea about is the Lead flashing.
Is this a simple, angle grind out 1" or so of mortar, shove in the

lead and
point up?
or is there more to it?
Also, does anyone have any links to plans or walkthroughs for

building a
small pitch roof?
TIA
--
Vass
'02 R1, '90 CBR1000F

Essentially yes, but the lead flashing should be retained with a
'mouse' of lead at regular intervals - say 9". The 'mouse' is a 1"
strip of lead bent double or treble to make the height of the mortar
joint, and firmly squashed in with a bolster chisel & hammer so that
it forms into a very tight lump jamming the flashing physically into
the wall.

AWEM