Posted to alt.home.repair
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Smoke alarm sounding; for no reason. (Humidity?)

terry wrote:

Within the last year or so there were postings here about smoke
alarms that had sounded for apparently no reason.

This seems to confirm that some smoke alarms can be triggered by
higher than normal humidity?

I've had lots of experience with ordinary smoke alarms (name brands
purchased in the USA). They are some of the most accurate devices
I know of. They are dirt cheap and can easily save your life.

In my opinion, they're one of the best inventions of modern times.
They might not make the evening news since preventing charred bodies
doesn't make the news.

Smoke alarms will detect particles you cannot see (that includes
particles from burning things). You just need quick access or a way to
provide fresh air.

Mine work perfectly.

Thought I'd post this for information and/or possible discussion.
Terry.

From: terry
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Smoke alarm sounding; for no reason. (Humidity?)