Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ramset Ramset is offline

Default Diode for reverse polarity protection

I fried a diode used for protection in a Bearcat scanner. It was fried
by connecting the wrong power cord (reverse polarity) into it.
The AC adapter puts out 13.8VDC and 700ma. I tried replacing it with a
IN4001 and it powered up the display and started scanning. However
when I plugged the speaker and display light back in it didn't seem to
have enough power to start it all up. The display flashes once and I
hear a pop in the speaker but that's it. The original diode had
markings printed which I think was RA above VB.
Any suggestions on another diode to try?

Thanks
Kevin
Minneapolis