Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default alternative in-car stereo / mp3 / comments please .. - slightly o/t

HI Owain

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:33:02 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Adrian wrote:
So, you could store large amounts of mp3 on a digital memory 'stick'
and just plug it into the car radio..... clever !
Do 'personal' mp3 players with the same ability exist? - might take
some of the boredom out of mowing the grass, and would allow the same
mp3 'sticks' to be used elsewhere around the house...

There are a lot of USB memory sticks that include MP3 players, and
they're quite cheap if you don't want displays etc. Argos have 2Gb ones
from £40

You would need to check individual specs to see if they allow replay
through the USB port if you want to plug it into a car (or house) system
using USB. These systems are becoming more common. You can also use them
to carry .doc files etc around with you.

Thanks for the info...

It's a whole new world out there - fascinating...

Seems to me that the best plan at the moment is :-

for car use - _either_ a personal mp3 player with homebrew
amplification
_or_ usb sticks and a compatible cd/mp3 car radio head unit

for ripping cds - pc

for grabbing cassette / vinyl - Creative Zen nano plus (has line in
socket), plus Goldwave for cleaning-up (have copy already from an
earlier project) - combined with cassette player or turntable for a
stand-alone 'grabbing' application

All sounds deceptively simple - wonder what I've missed !??

Regards
Adrian