Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Piercing a 4 inch gas line

Is this a troll? Most pipelines are much bigger than 4" and if you just
bought the land you would have been informed about a pipeline easement
running across it!

To tap it you find a really good welder with a pipeline license and have him
weld a "No-blow" tee onto it. You use power equipment to drive the bolt into
the tee which pierces the pipeline and then supplies the gas through your
pipe. The rest of the problem is finding the equipment to treat the gas and
control the pressure so you can use it. But this is a troll, you won't be
doing this.

wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:37:03 -0500, Homer wrote:

I recently bought a couple of acres with a leanto cabin in a
wilderness setting and discovered a 4 inch gas line across the back.

I'd like to come up with a safe way to pierce the gas line and have
heat for my cabin. No electricity, so need to do it manually.

Any ideas?

The answer is obvious. Take a cutting torch and cut a hole in the
pipe so you can weld on a nipple to attach your line. I dont need to
explain any further, because you wont get any further than that.....

The best way to get criminals off the streets without cost to
taxpayers is to let them self destruct.