Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Convert a powr planer to a jointer

Tue, Jun 12, 2007, 7:18pm (EDT+4) doth wonder:
Having an electric power planer from Ryobi - which I understand is not a
top grade model - but in trying to edge plane 2" thick boards for edge
joining wondering if anyone has attempted to convert their electric
planer such as this into a jointer. snip

Sure. No prob. I made a planer sled to hold the stock on edge,
run it thru. Works great. Now I just need to finish the longer planer
sled for longer stock.

JOAT
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton