Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Immersion Heater

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:03:41 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 12 Jun, 22:45, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Macc Glyn wrote:
How can I find out what size Immersion heater if fitted to thw water
tank without having to take it out? It's fitted in the top of the
tank and is 2.3 KW. looking on screw fix i see 2 options 11" & 27"
Both being 3kw

How tall is the tank?

If the immersion is your only source of hot water (not unusual in
local rural areas) it's almost certainly 27". I don't actually know
what the 11" ones are for though.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ersion_Heaters

Thanks, but I realised a smaller element would only heat the top of the
tank - but why would you want to do that?

Just sink use, no baths.