jim rozen

Default Homier schematic

In article , ED ROGERS says...

My controller board went south but since it was American made I used
their factory authorized repair facility and turnaround was only 2
days.I want the schematic for the sub-board and switches.This lathe was
not made by Sieg and the wiring is different from other lathes that seem
to look like it.My board had a random component failure that took 3
other parts with it.There was no external burnt parts.

I hate to say this but a lot of times the manufacturers have
no interest in providing schematics for electrics that accompany
a machine like that. Especially for lower end items, they simply
cannot provide any factory repair or trouble-shooting so the
diagram is not useful to them, there's nobody there who can
understand it.

Often the electrics are done by another OEM manufacturer and
even they don't share technical information with the machinery
maker.

Your best bet is to either a) reverse-engineer the board,
or b) get in contact with somebody who has. I tried to get
a schematic for Hardinge's feed module boards, and through
no fault of theirs, it was simply impossible. And they're
one of the better companies about support. I finally did
reverse engineer it and drew a schematic.

It's not that tough to do, and after a few go-arounds
the topology of your print almost starts to look correct!

:^)

Jim

please reply to: