Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default alternative in-car stereo / mp3 / comments please .. - slightly o/t

I also have a nearly-full 60 Gb iPod, but I have an Audi factory-fit
head unit with Dension Ice-Link adapter, which (like your Alpine unit, I
imagine) allows me to use the steering-wheel volume/next/previous
controls. So the iPod stays tucked out of sight in the glove box.

When I was in the market for this I found that very few adaptors gave the
display info on-screen - like the current Artinst, Album, Track etc. The
Alpine does this, which is nice for finding the track you want.
The others I looked at the time just treated the iPod as a limitless CD
changer with just track up/down functionality, but little ability to
navigate round the iPod.

Alan.