Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default alternative in-car stereo / mp3 / comments please .. - slightly o/t

In uk.d-i-y, Alan wrote:
Itunes is great MP3 management software, in my opinon.

It's good if you want something simple, but for power users it doesn't
hold a candle to J River Music Center, IMO.

(I have one of the older 60GB iPods [nearly full!] and an iPod-compatible
Alpine head unit that allows full control of the iPod from the front panel -
it has a dedicated iPod connector that goes into the bottom of the iPod)

I also have a nearly-full 60 Gb iPod, but I have an Audi factory-fit
head unit with Dension Ice-Link adapter, which (like your Alpine unit, I
imagine) allows me to use the steering-wheel volume/next/previous
controls. So the iPod stays tucked out of sight in the glove box.

--
Mike Barnes