Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Laird John Laird is offline

Default OT - best broadband ?

On Jun 12, 3:13 pm, Andy Cap wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:57:11 -0700, sm_jamieson wrote:
On 12 Jun, 14:54, Tony Williams wrote:
In article .com,
sm_jamieson wrote:

I know, a wide-open question.
Any opionions on the best broadband package at present ?
Suppliers to avoid ?

Andrews & Arnold seem to be getting a lot of
+browny points at the moment.

Thats a broadband supplier ?
Sounds like a "suits-you-sir" bespoke taylors.
Simon.

Well they charge Saville Row prices.

And give you a Savile Row service, ime. I'm personally with Zen now,
who are also top notch. I don't think it's any surprise that both
companies target small businesses in the main. Domestic users just
tend to go for cheap, cheap and cheap, and they get what they pay for
in that case. I'd definitely avoid Orange - they put their own
equipment in at my kids exchange and bolloxed many connections
completely. The CS droids could only read from the "what does the
supplied modem say" script (supplied modem never used and lost in the
attic somewhere) and no-one in support seemed capable of correlating
sudden losses of service with recent work.

"Have an adequate day."