Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default alternative in-car stereo / mp3 / comments please .. - slightly o/t

Hi Huge

On 2007-06-12, John Rumm wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Call me old-fashioned - but I tend to prefer listening to what we used
to call 'an album' rather than individual tracks....

You can frequently find complete albums for download, or even
collections of albums. Finding older albums is not always easy unless
they were popular, but when they are there is is often quicker than
digitising yours.

Having said that - my few attempts to find 'free mp3 music' on the web
have met with failure - it seems that most of the so-called free'
sites have a sting in the tail - and require you to sign up for a
subscription of some sort. If anybody knows of genuinely 'free' mp3
then I'd be delighted to hear (adrian at ambquality.co.uk works fine
as an email address)

The obvious two to try are http://thepiratebay.org and
http://www.torrentspy.com/

Alternatively, and more legally, why not borrow the CDs from your local record
library and rip them from there? Assuming that one's music is available on CD,
that is.

Indeed....
Haven't looked for CDs in our local library - might take a look
next time I'm in there...

Thanks
Adrian