Posted to rec.woodworking
Dale Miller Dale Miller is offline

Default Plans For Attached Shed To Outside Back Wall of Garage

J T wrote:
Mon, Jun 11, 2007, 7:46pm (EDT-1) (Woody) doth sayeth:
I have been searching the web for plans to build a shed for storing
lumber that is attached to the outside back wall of my two car garage
without success. The back wall of the garage is thirty feet wide and I
want to tuck the roof of the shed under the existing soffit of the
garage roof which is eight feet tall. My dilemma is how to attach the
shed roof rafters to the garage wall. Any help would be appreciated.

Around here if you attach it to an existing structure like that,
you need to have a permit. If it's free-standin, and no more then
16'X16' don't need a permit. A guy I knew had to pay a fine because of
doing just that. He was told that if it had been put even an inch away,
no prob. So you might want to check first.

JOAT
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton

Same here in Middle Tennessee Joat. Any agricultural related building
doesn't need a permit, of course so long as they don't annex me into the
city limits. Of course then I will move.

To the OP if you can do what you want and don't need a permit I would
run a 2X along the wall at the height you want your shed roof to be at.
Are you looking to use a lean too type roof?

--
All the Best
Dale Miller

(cut the spam to reply)