Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default Gould Shallow Well Pump - Bladder Tank pressure

Parisisehs wrote:
My Gould shallow well pump has a 30 gal bladder tank. The tank does
not seem to have any water in it. (Does not sweat on a hot day and
tapping on the tank gives no apparent sound change) . Pump is loosing
pressure quicker than it used to. If you turn on a faucet it will run
full , slow down for about 10 sec. then run full some more. I have it
serviced ant turned on each year by a local plumbing contractor.
A friend told me to check the pressure on the tank. I put a tire gauge
on it and it has 45psi on it. The pump operates at 40psi and turns on
at 20 to 25psi. Isn't this too much pressure? A tag on the tank says
to put in 2 psi less than turn on pressure. Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks.

Drain the tank complety then pump up to the 2 PSI below your turn on
pressure. It sounds like the bladder has to much pressure and the volume
it's holding has diminished?

Rich