Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Massive Natural Gas Explosion "Flips" a House

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:08:51 -0500, wrote:

OK, this makes much more sense. I was looking at what was written as
meaning the high gas usage was occurring from May 11 to June 2. I
dont think there are meters that detect record daily usage for gas.
For electric there are meters like this. I have one. No one reads
the meter, it sends a signal back to the electric company that tells
them just how much I am using,

I think it also doesn't send daily readings. Probably they ping it
once a month (and when they want to) and then it sends back a
reading,(not of how much you are using but how much you've used.)

There are
so many regulations on everything else these days, but natural gas
seems to have been passed by.

It's natural gas. They want it to be all-natural.