Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud Larry Bud is offline

Default Maybe A Dumb Female Question?

On Jun 11, 1:24 am, virginiabelle wrote:
Just wanted to get That out of the way first 8-)

You may laugh .. After my question, if you must!

Well, here goes.

I have been using this dinky electric string trimmer for far too long
and wanted to look into the gas engine types.

I always worried about them being too heavy and too hard to start.

Today, I did it, I bought one.

I purchased an Echo (GT-200R) trimmer today.

My problem is that the user manual is really Poor in describing how
this Rapid Loader Head works, how it is loaded (or more correctly ..
Stays loaded).

Reading from the manual:

"Thread new lines through outside holes in housing until ends meet in
center of recess".

I have tried this over and over but the strings/lines just slip out.

I haven't even been able to try and start the trimmer yet because the
strings/lines fall out even if I am just setting the trimmer down
lightly, let alone cranking on the rope thingy.

It doesn't seem as if there is any type of catch thingy to hold these
strings/lines in after they are inserted?

Am I missing something here?

There are different thicknesses of replacement strings you can buy. I
have an aftermarket head that loads similar to yours, and the
replacement I bought from HD was too thin.