Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike mike is offline

Default alternative in-car stereo / mp3 / comments please .. - slightly o/t

Adrian wrote in
:

HI All

3) Grab audio to mp3 format, and diy an electronics solution to play
mp3's in the 'new' car. Thinking of an mp3 player with line in and
removable memory cards, combined with a simple homebrewed power amp /
psu tucked away in the car somewhere. (There's the DIY angle !!)

I think you've considered your options on getti g the audio, and if you can
play the stuff, I'd use the computer to store it in some accepted format.

Cost zero.

For replay, these days I'd go to mp3 - I've been thinking about the same
sort of thing, and there are loads of options to get the mp3 in car at
little cost, a basic player with line out is very cheap.

Other posters have mentioned other options for outputting; but I think
we're at the end of the disc/tape era, and memory cards are the only real
option

mike