Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil B Phil B is offline

Default Calor hob

"R D S" wrote in message
I am ready to go down the route of replacing our electric hob with a gas
one but it would have to be Calor.

Many of the hobs on offer state that they are OK with Calor so I guess
there isn't a problem but if anyone with more experience in these matters
wants to point out possible pitfalls.....

Rick

We've found that retailers recoil in horror when questioned about bottled
gas so we would be interested in your final decision.

There are two different gases used as bottled or LPG ( Liquid Petrolium
Gas). Both are in the same chemical family as methane. Butane (C4H10) in
blue bottles or propane (C3H8) in orange.
Either can be used with the appropriate regulator but butane can't be used
from bottles stored outside as it does not flow at low temperatures
(freezing?).
Butane has a push in regulator released with a button or knob on the side. I
break all recommendations and turn the bottle upside-down and tap the end to
tip out bits of dirt before connecting it, otherwise it leaks. Propane
regulators are different (left handed screw fitting??)

Phil