Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
Doc Doc is offline

Default iRobot Scooba / Roomba

Liz Megerle wrote in
news:tASai.311$hp5.163@trndny05:

I have one. It does a reasonable job picking up dog hair on hardwood
and vinyl floors. I do one space at a time, taking out the kitchen or
dining room chairs so it can move around freely. I don't use the
scheduler. Liz

Jacque Asse wrote:
Keep us posted on how this works for you. I often wondered are these
useful devices, or simply a waste. Seems like yo may be happy with
it. I have hardwood floors and maybe this would be a reasonable
approach to keeping these clean of surface dirt?

"komobu" wrote in message
oups.com...
Isn't it usually wiser to ask these questions BEFORE you purchase a
product?
LOL...as far as the room transition goes, I can live with it either
way. If I need to, I will do each room on different days. The main
reason for the post is that I have 30 days to return it for a full
refund. So if I hear that there is basically no difference between
the old model and the new, I will return it and purchase the old
model because it is 200 dollars cheaper.

Take Care
Pat

I have had the discovery, the cheap one, for about a year at this point and
for someone adverse to housework it has been great. I do have to de-clutter
the room to remove any traps for the robot, things like shoes or bed covers
hanging onto the floor. It takes 2 minutes to clear stuff max. and then I
can let the vac go. It is kind of like dealing with kids in that you listen
with half an ear and if you hear something that you shouldn't you go and
investigate, but generally it does a very nice job of cleaning carpets and
vinyl floors. It does not have a large dirt cup, but is so easy that I just
run it everyday so there is not as much dirt to collect

Since I do not have to actively vacuum, time is not a problem as I do other
things while it is running. Overall I would certainly get one again as it
was less than an upright vac and does as well at cleaning (making up for
lessor deep cleaning by doing it much more often) and since it is very easy
to do, I tend not to put it off.

Just my two cents.