Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Massive Natural Gas Explosion "Flips" a House

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:56:01 -0700, hvacrmedic
wrote:

A lot of issues might be resolved here by reading a more factual
account of the accident.
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/7805427.html

I don't think so. Nothing's ever been gained by using facts.

Just tonight on one network's news they said that Joe Lieberman was
calling for an attack on Iran, and then they played the very words
they were referring to and where he said we had to be prepared to
something something attack. That is, he didn't call for an attack
now, he called for us to be prepared for a possible attack, some time
in the future. Those are strong words but that wasn't enough for the
news. They had to make them stronger.

I had heard the original interview, so I immediately knew they had
misparaphrased him.

WAUWATOSA - Lorraine Gaulke, 80, died in a house explosion Saturday in Wauwatosa.

Four other people were hurt, including one firefighter. Authorities believe all of those injuries are non-life threatening.

If one wanted to be really picky, he could point out that the
firefighter wasn't hurt in the house explosion, as it seems to say,
but after he got there.

But it's sad. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but the front wall of
the neighbor's house looks bent. It looks like a nice neighborhood.

I was not serious about disliking facts.