Posted to rec.woodworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Strengthening plywood with fiberglass and resin/epoxy

"Toller" wrote in message
Works better if you apply all your layers before anything cures. That way
it is one structure instead of multiple structures glued stuck together.
I have never heard of this finish coat you refer to. Since hardened epoxy
isn't the least bit sticky, how could the finish coat be less sticky?

Have you ever installed a fiberglass shower stall?

The gel coat is hard and smooth, but the back side has sort of a sticky feel
to me.

You could be correct about the best technique for laying up the glass, my
experience was only onetime helping my brother fiberglass a plywood boat and
that was done in several stages.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.