Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default I just learned water heaters have an "anode" and its important

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:12:07 GMT, Grandpa wrote:

Labor can't replace material. Its called a "sacrificial" anode for a
good reason. See he
http://www.waterheaterrescue.com/pages/WHRpages/English/Longevity/water-heater-anodes.html

Thanks for the link. My water heater looks new and hasn't given me
any problems although its almost 30 years old.. The last time I
checked was more than 10 years ago and other than vacuuming up a few
rust scales next to the burners I haven't had to do anything since.
The anode must have been exhausted by now. I'll change it. Maybe it
will do something about the hardwater problem I do have.