Posted to rec.woodworking
PVR PVR is offline

Default 45 deg cuts.

My miter saw has +/- 45 deg marks. That is, the max "pointedness" I can get
is 45 deg. I need to cut a 1" x 2" with a more pointed cut, say about 60
deg.
That is, the angle between the cut and the length should be 60 Deg.
(actually
about 62 deg but that is a matter of trial and error.)

I have tried to use my table saw without much success.

Is there any way I can use my miter saw to get more pointed cuts?
Incidentally I have just learned how to get excellent matching corner cuts
for crown molding on my miter saw. I figure there must be a way to get
pointed cuts also.

Peter.