Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default audio taper potentiometer

In article ,
"mc" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

I want to change a linear 50k pot to an audio taper 50k pot in my
Fender Blues Junior guitar amp.
Do you know where I can find such a potentiometer ?
I have try to find it in Farnell catalog, with no success ...

This should be a common item, a PC-board-mounted audio-taper potentiometer.
It may be nominally 47k instead of 50k and might be called log taper rather
than audio taper (similar but not identical). What part of the world are
you in?

It's been a *long* time, but I believe that an audio taper pot is
ANTIlog, not log. A log pot will work only if you hook it up to get
louder as you crank it CCW.

Isaac