Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default Stamped Concrete with cracks....

I have a new driveway, and I see this in several places when it's drying.
When it dries, the marks are gone completely, so it doesn't appear to be
actualy damage. I am very curious, however, as to what causes it, and don't
know if it's an indication of future problems in that area or not.

"Chuck and Erika Douglas" wrote in message

We had a stamped concrete walkway poured last Thursday. Concrete one
color
with a second color dusted on top.
The mason came Friday to spray off the color and was going to seal it, but
decided to come back on Monday when we had made a final decision on the
color.

Today I notice spider cracks in more than a few spots on the walkway. The
cracks are not deep, but look like packed desert floor during a drought.

Could someone with knowledge of concrete let me know if it is "normal" to
have cracks in the walkway? I would like some information before I
approach
the contractor about this possible issue.

Thanks!

News==----
Newsgroups
=----